Pants: A fast, scalable build system
Pants is a build system designed for codebases that:
- Are large and/or growing rapidly.
- Consist of many subprojects that share a significant amount of code.
- Have complex dependencies on third-party libraries.
- Use a variety of languages, code generators and frameworks.
Pants is a collaborative open-source project, built and used by Twitter, Toolchain, Foursquare, Square, Medium and other companies.
If you are only using Python in your project, check out pants.readme.io/docs for documentation using the improved V2 implementation.
The Common Tasks documentation is a practical, solutions-oriented guide to some of the Pants tasks that you're most likely to carry out on a daily basis.
Pants Reference Documentation
Powered by Pants
- Find out who is using Pants